copyright

Saturday, January 22, 2011

new nightstands

I just finished these two nightstands for my youngest girl. They are my own design, at least as "my own" is even possible now days. I believe that there are really no original ideas left. I had these nearly completed when I was reading a book on Traditional Japanese Furniture. And there it was...a table with a very similar design from the Edo period. Ahh well, it was a riot to build. The legs and door panel are cherry. The box is walnut. The dovetails are all hand cut on the drawer as well as the carcass of the box. The top is stone. I hope that you enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. We just moved our our living / dinning room and the only thing that is out of place is the ugly oak bookcase. Hint Hint We moved the couch so that the Christmas sofa table will fit nice.

    ReplyDelete